October 15, 2013

Eid Mubarak! Happy Feasting!

Happy feast day to everyone celebrating Eid Al-Adha! Today (or tomorrow in Senegal), we're celebrating the willingness of the prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son. This means families kill a sheep, grill up some meat, greet friends and family asking for forgiveness, giving forgiveness and offering blessings. It also usually means fancy new clothes but as I didn't have time nor funds to do so, so I'm dusting off my outfit from last year.

Due to the amazing hospitality of Senegal I have been invited to several houses to pass the holiday, but I'm spending it with family - my host siblings in Dakar will be roasting up sheep tomorrow. Its lovely to spend holidays with family and friends. Although as I am not in Kolda, I'm going to rack up a phone bill making phone calls wishing people a happy tabaski tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment